Friday, January 28, 2011

The Inkpocalypse

I was going to post my review of The Hunger Games today, but then the Inkpocalypse happened. 

What is the Inkpocalypse, you might ask?

Yesterday afternoon I tried to log on to Inkpop, but instead it logged me on as tennisketter somehow.  I tried again, and it logged me into a different account each time.  I went to the forums, and here's what I found: total chaos, like the world was going to end.  I discovered that everyone else was having the same problem.  To make it worse, people's projects were being deleted left and right (Secrets of the Legend Chaser still lives).

For anyone who isn't an Inkpop regular, you probably can't imagine an online community going into some kind of dramatic mass-panic.  It could only happen on Inkpop, really.  There were too many threads to count about how the site was going to die and all our projects would be lost and more.  It really didn't help that anything related to the glitch was being locked.

Except for my stay-calm thread, which somehow stayed unlocked.  Breathe in, breathe out.  Repeat.  Haha.  I knew the lightsaber would do the trick.  Either that or the random song lyrics. 

So, for any Inkies out here:  You'll survive.  They're working on fixing the issue right now.  It's better than it was yesterday.  On the plus side, this probably means that they're finally doing that revamp (when did they say it would come?  October?).

But remember, the rainbow always comes after the rain.  This morning I found out some exciting news: HarperCollins is actually publishing an Inkpop project!

Read the full article here!


Edit: THEY SOLVED IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...