Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Lot of Questions

I was tagged. Kinda. And I just felt like doing this. So here goes...


1. What’s your word count?
Almost 50,000.
2. How long until you finish?
Too long.  Hopefully another month or so.
3. If you have finished, how long did it take you?
N/A.
4. Do you have an outline? 
Kind of.  Maybe.  Not really.
5. Do you have a plot? 
Well, duh.
6. How many words do you typically write a day?
My average is around 400, I think.
7. What was your greatest word count in one day?
I did 2,000 in one day once.
8. What was your least impressive word count in one day?
One time I sat there for an hour and wrote a whopping 6 words.
9. What inspired you to write?
Everything. The world.  The universe.  I can't imagine not wanting to write.
10. Does your novel/story have a theme song?
Syndicate and Never Say Never, both by The Fray, really fit well with the book.
11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song.
Davi-Prodigal and Secrets by OneRepublic
Ayin-Never Say Never by The Fray
Char-Long Live by Taylor Swift
Bromen-Come Home by OneRepublic
Kriyell and Relnor-Tyrant by OneRepublic (Yes, I like OneRepublic.  Just a little.  Okay, a lot.)
Revan-I'm You by Leona Lewis
12. Which character is most like you?
Basically, Ayin is one side of me, and Revan is the other.  I didn't intend that to happen, but then again, the author puts a bit of herself into each character she creates...
13. Which character would you most likely be friends with?
All of the nice ones?  I'd probably get along best with Ayin and Revan, because they're so much like me.  And Davi, too.  And Spark and I would probably have a great time together.
14. Do you have a Gary-Stu or Mary Sue character?
Nope!  Never!
15. Who is your favorite character in your novel?
I love all of them, no exceptions.  Even the ones that I love to hate, like Kriyell, who's such an arrogant, treacherous jerk.  It's kind of like God, in a weird way.  God made Hitler, and while Hitler was a very bad person, God still loved him.  But if I had to pick an absolute favorite, of course it would be Davi. :)
16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected?
There's one scene where Char bursts out crying, which is completely out of character.  Of course, he's only faking it...
17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences?

 Every author puts bits and pieces of their life into their book without trying.
18. Do you believe in plot bunnies?
That's a weird question.  Yes, I believe they exist.  I don't use them, though, because I couldn't bring myself to write a story that somebody else had come up with, an I'm too attached to my ideas to give them away like that. 
19. Is there magic in your novel/story?
Sort of.
20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel/story?
Nope.  Unless you count the flashback to a wedding.
21. Does anyone die?
Yes.  Not telling who.
22. How many cups of coffee/tea have you consumed during your writing experience?
None, but I've had quite a few cups of cappuccino. 
23. What is the latest you have stayed up writing?
Not very late.  9:30ish, probably.
24. What is the best line?
"You're mad," Ayin whispered.
"Really?"  Davi laughed, but there was no humor in it.  "I thought we established that right when we met.  I'm chasing after something that doesn't exist.  I live with creatures that aren't supposed to exist.  I just threatened a dragon.  No, surely I'm not mad at all."

Or this one: "Legends are nothing without the fools who chase after them."
25. What is the worst line?
Um...the whole first chapter?
26. Have you dreamed about your novel/story or its characters?
Yes.  Many times.  You don't want to know how depressed I was when I woke up and realized that it wasn't real.
27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory?
Nope.
28. Summarize your novel/story in under fifteen words.
Davi tries to revive the dragons while struggling to find his place in the kingdom.
29. Do you love all your characters?
See question 15.
30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count?
Muahahahahaha, of course!
31. What was the last thing your main character ate?
Old, stale traveling biscuits.  Which another character then proceeded to throw at an enemy dragon.
32. Describe your main character in three words.
Determined, self-doubting, visionary.
33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween?
He wouldn't.  He'd consider himself above such childish foolery.
34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship?
No.
35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel/story?
If you count the people that are already married before the story begins, then...one.
36. Are there any explosions in your novel/story?
Well, duh!
37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel/story?
No.
38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world?
No.
39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel/story?
No.
40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel/story?
DRAGONS!  LOTS AND LOTS OF DRAGONS!
41. Is anyone reincarnated?
No, but that sounds interesting...
42. Is anyone physically ailed?
Bromen's getting old.  Poor guy.  Oh, right, that's my fault.  And Davi's probably about to get lung cancer by now.
43. Is anyone mentally ill?
Kriyell, possibly.  And probably Davi, by the time the story is over.
44. Does anyone have swine flu?
Duh, everyone!  Kidding, kidding.
45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they?
Davi has a horse.  And he takes care of baby dragons, but they don't belong to him.
46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel/story?
No.
47. How about political figures? 
I have a monarchy!  Yay for medieval politics!
48. Is there incessant drinking?
My MC's brother takes a sip of wine and decides it's the most disgusting thing he's ever had.
49. Are there board games? If so, which ones?
No.
50. Are there any dream sequences?
Yes.  Many because I enjoy writing them too much.
51. Is there humor?
Of course!  I mean, one of my MCs chucks frozen biscuits at an enemy dragon.  How cool is that?
52. Is there tragedy?
Yep.  Sorry, Davi.
53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum?
Haha.  Davi does.
54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel/story?
All of them, except the ones that were married to begin with.
55. Is anyone in your novel/story adopted?
No.
56. Does anyone in your novel/story wear glasses?
Not invented yet!
57. Has your novel/story provided insight about your life?
Yes.  I've learned that 1. I love the medieval time period waaaay too much. 2. I like cappuccino. 3. I can listen to Say (All I Need) by OneRepublic twelve times in a row while writing and not get tired of it.
58. Your personality?
I don't know.  All the personality I've got has been funneled into that thing.
59. Has your novel/story inspired anyone?
Not that I know of.
60. How many people have asked to read your novel/story?

Not many.
61. Have you drawn any of your characters?
I wish I could.
62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you?
No.
63. Does anyone vomit in your novel/story?
Just a little random?  No, not "on-screen", anyways...
64. Does anyone bleed in your novel/story?
Yes.
65. Do any of your characters watch TV?

Not invented yet.
66. What size shoe does your main character wear?
Shoe sizes haven't been invented.
67. Do any of the characters in your novel/story use a computer?
No.
68. How would you react if your novel/story was erased entirely?
First I would cry so hard that all the world's water shortage problems would be solved.  Then I'd get so angry that I'd hire myself out to a demolition company.
69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters?

I haven't killed her yet, but I'm sure I'll cry!
70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters?
I probably will.  We have a love-hate relationship.
71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer?
Write.  Write.  Write.  Write write write.  Writewritewritewrite...get the idea?
72. Describe your ending in three words.
Bittersweet.  Satisfying.  Haha-little-main-characters-you-got-what-you-asked-for!
73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.?
A love hexagon?  That sounds hilarious.  But I have none.
74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank?
99999999 x 10^9
75. Was it worth it?
Was what worth it?  This extensive questionnaire thing?  Sure, why not?


So now I get to tag someone?  Hmm...ah, whatever, I'll just tag whoever wants to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...