Friday, June 17, 2011

Lumatere...And An Announcement

I'm excited, Oh Faithful Blog Followers of Awesomeness.  You'll never, ever guess why.

Ha.  I'm sure it's easy to figure out.  I found out about a new book, of course!

I just saw the cover for Froi of the Exiles, and read the synopsis/pitch/thinger.  I'm so excited!  If you haven't read Finnikin of the Rock, go get your hands on it right this minute.

Blood sings to blood …
Those born last will make the first …
For Charyn will be barren no more.


Three years after the curse on Lumatere was lifted, Froi has found his home... Or so he believes...

But when Queen Isaboe and her consort Finnikin send him on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn, he encounters a damaged people who are not who they seem, a surreal royal court, and soon he must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad princess.

In this barren and mysterious place he will discover there is a song sleeping in his blood, and though Froi would rather not, the time has come to listen.

Gripping and intense, complex and richly imagined, Froi of the Exiles is a dazzling sequel to Finnikin of the Rock, from the internationally best-selling and multi-award-winning author of Looking for Alibrandi, Saving Francesca, On the Jellicoe Road and The Piper’s Son.


If that's not epic, I'm not sure what is.  But, let's get to the announcement.  I've just found out the title for the final* Artemis Fowl book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*insert even more exclamation marks here*  Nobody knows anything about the plot yet.  But the title is.....*drumroll*

 THE LAST GUARDIAN


Yeah.  I know.  What?  I'm not a big fan.  It sounds a bit...generic.  Definitely not as cool as The Arctic Incident, or The Atlantic Complex, or The Time Paradox, or The Eternity Code, or The Opal Deception, or...I just named all of them, didn't I?   But, oh well, it's Artemis Fowl.


So while I'm at it, I'll share some other upcoming books that I'm excited about.
Inheritance (Inheritance, #4)

This can't come out fast enough for me.  Who isn't excited for this?  Let's be honest: the fans are clamoring to find out how it ends, and the non-fans just want the fans to finally shut up.  Later, I'll post my predictions, because I pretty much have figured out how I think the whole thing will go.












Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Yeah, there's been a lot of hype about this.  But the cover is cool, so hopefully it won't disappoint!















Legend (Legend, #1)
This just plain looks awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...