Friday, July 15, 2011

The Final Harry Potter Movie

Last night (this morning?) I was lucky enough to go to the midnight showing of the last Harry Potter movie.  So, without further ado...here's what I thought.  

The Experience
First, I've got to say...there's just nothing quite like the midnight showing.  More than half the people were dressed up, wearing capes and scars and carrying wands.  I saw some kid dressed as Dobby, another as the snitch, and quite a few Professor Trelawneys.  People would start random cheers, British accents and all.  I can't count how many times I heard someone shout "Expelliarmus!"  I'm sorry, but this movie just wouldn't be the same on the small screen.  The battle at Hogwarts just wouldn't feel as intense when the theater wasn't booming with sound, sending vibrations through your chair.  It's a one-of-a-kind experience.    

Even though Dobby isn't in this movie, I just love him.
The Intensity
Speaking of intensity...   Wow.  It was purely epic.  The action sequences were amazing.  The special effects were spectacular, too.  And the dragon.  We can't forget the dragon, 'cause dragons are just cool.  The end battle was breathtaking and had me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew exactly what was going to happen.  Every single scene was loaded with intensity and emotion, which brings me to another point...

The Emotion
This movie wins as the most emotional of the eight, hands down.  There's just no question about it.  I heard people sniffling in the theater around me.  With Snape...ah, that was a rough one.  I've been a Snape fan since the beginning, and that was the part I was not looking forward too.  If I had been the type to cry during movies, I would've been crying right there.  Especially with all the flashbacks.  Young Snape and Lily were adorable, and you just can't help but feel awful for them.  And for Fred.  And Harry.  And that shot of Remus and Tonks laying side by side, reaching out for each other's hand.... And I don't even have words for the shots of little tiny Harry.  It was just...yeah.  I'm failing at explaining all this.

The Applause
I've never been to a movie before where people actually applauded during the film.  All part of the experience, I guess.  I'll say it right now: this movie will make you love Neville.  And McGonagall.  And Filch, just sweeping at the end, all by himself.  What earned the most applause, though, was the five words Mrs. Weasley said to Bellatrix.  That made my day, and a lot of other people's, too.  She totally deserved it!  I do think, though, that Tom Felton should've gotten some applause, just for...you know...being Tom Felton.  I was a bit disappointed with the way Draco, um...chose sides at the end.  But...oh well.  I think the mini-Draco at the end made up for it.  

The Legacy
I loved, loved, loved the epilogue.  It was one word: ADORABLE!  The kid who played Albus Severus definitely has a future somewhere in acting.  He was adorable, as were all the kids.  It was a fitting ending for the series, a great way to say goodbye.  I can't count how many people exclaimed "Awww!" (in an awww, how cute sort of way, not an aww, that was dumb way) during that part.

The End
If you're a Harry Potter fan, you've got to see thisIt was simply indescribable.  Amazing music, great acting, amazing everything, the whole package.   I don't know; maybe the fact that it was 3 am was getting to my brain, but I don't think so.  It was just amazing, and you'll have to see it to believe it.   Have fun topping this one, movie companies.  

So, how shall I end this?

Mischief managed, people.  Mischief managed.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...