Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm Done

84,372 words.
425 days.
Over 170 hours.
470,668 characters.
A lot of cappuccino.

What do all these things have in common?  Well, they are all in the first draft of my novel, which I finished around 10 pm last night!

Frankly, I think I left my brain on the memory stick where the document is saved or something.  I feel so weird.  I'm glad to be done with the first draft, but it just feels a bit wrong. 

I wrote over 3,000 words yesterday, and I really don't remember much of it.  My mental movie just started rolling, and I wrote almost in a daze.  I didn't realize that I had actually finished until I hit that final period and realized...I had nothing else to write.

Yep, it's a mess.  It's full of plotholes and weak characters and random threads I never wrapped up.  But you know what?  I still love it.  I'm going to begin revision soon, but for now I'll just bask in the glory of all that done-ness. 

Besides, now I can sit back and gloat while everyone else drives themselves insane doing NaNoWriMo.

And now, I get to go download that Britt Nicole CD I told myself I couldn't have until I was done!



post signature

5 comments:

  1. OMG! Well done! That is a very long manuscript. Good luck with editing!

    I love Britt Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Congrats! :D
    Have fun with the revision :) I actually quite like editing, but yeah :) I'm a bit strange XD
    Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! :D That's awesome! I remember when I finished the first draft of The Prophecy (at the time, back in January, it was called The High Prince), I felt relieved and sad, but really happy.

    Britt Nicole is awesome! Which album is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone!

    @Kamille Elahi: Yeah, it's long. I'm really going to pay for that in the revision stage...

    @Tiny1: I've never done much huge editing, but I'm expecting to enjoy it. Most of it, at least.

    @Sareh: Thanks! I feel both of those right now. And lost, and relieved.

    It's The Lost Get Found. I'm listening to it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...