Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just a Little Inheritance Hype

How many people know what today is?  Tuesday?

No.  Try again.  Would you like a hint?

Is that a hilarious face or what?
Yes.  Today, my friends, is where it all ends.  After nearly a decade, the final Inheritance book comes out today.    No, I'm not going to do any more ranting (or much more, at least) about how much I love this series.  Because honestly, I really, really do.  But this post is just celebrating the awesomeness of the fact that it comes out today.  And believe me, I've been waiting awhile.


I've got my predictions for how the series will end, but I think I'll keep them to myself.   I'll say this, though: Murtagh had better turn good at the end.  And I definitely know what's in the Vault of Souls.  Did you know that the subtitle for Inheritance is The Vault of Souls?  Yeah.  We all know what that means.  Mucho eldunari.  (And, in case you didn't know, Brisingr is actually Brisingr: The Seven Promises of Eragon Shadeslayer and Saphira Bjartskular, or something on that order.  The title doesn't mean much unless you can name all the promises, though.)

The biggest question of this final book is who will get the green egg (referred to rather affectionately as "Greenie" by a large portion of the fan community).  Yeah, I've got my ideas, but I'm just curious...what do you think about it?  

While we're on the subject of this series, though, I have to address something: the
movie.  Wow.  First, there's all the parts they skipped, which make a sequel movie absolutely impossible.  Then there's all this other weird stuff and...wow.  Really?  And a couple of really weird scenes.  There's that "Congratulations.  You have just been promoted" creepiness.  There's that awkward scene where Nasuada is pretty much spying on Eragon while he's taking a bath ("Forgive me, Argetlam.  I should have knocked."  Fail.).  There's the "I suffer without my stone.  Do not prolong my suffering.", and the fact that ol' Galby is in the movie altogether (Fun fact: the guy who plays Galbatorix plays Lennie in
Of Mice and Men.  This amuses me to no end.). 

One thing I've noticed throughout this series is that people are so demanding of Eragon.  Like this:
Dwarves: Eragon, become an honorary dwarf!
Old Lady: Bless the child, Argetlam!
Roran: Eragon, my girlfriend is pregnant!  Marry us!
Oromis: Eragon-finarel, after you've finished your yoga, go meditate with the ants.
Arya: Leave me alone, creep.
Old Lady Again: UNBLESS THE CHILD, ARGETLAM!  You'll kill us all with your horrid grammar!
Brom: Eragon, just kidding.  I'm actually your *censored*.

Because what good is loving a series if you can't love it and make fun of it at the same time?

I'm excited.  This book can't come fast enough.  So tell me...who else is excited?  Who thinks we're all nuts running around raving about Dragon Riders and yelling "Brisingr!" at everyone?


Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

PS: I just found a fabulous page that has a handy Ancient Language to English translation chart.  So you can, you know, converse in the Ancient Language.  Or text in it.  Or blog in it.  Eka ach.  Or at least, I did there.  Enjoy.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. SHDFBUONEBHNOXEFHL!!!!!! <---- that's how excited I am. 0.0

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...