Saturday, September 1, 2012

End of Summer 2012

Once again, we've come to the end of summer.  At this point, I have only three more days before it's back to school time, which always makes me a bit sad.  School is a lot of work. 

Here's a pretty song that fits the end-of-summer theme:
(The Afters are wonderful, aren't they?  That voice, that piano....)

But instead of sitting here lamenting, let's have some stats.  My reading habits are much different during the summer as compared to the rest of the year, so it's nice to do a mini-recap. 

Number of books read: 22
Total pages read: 8,259
Average number of pages per book: 375
Average pages read per day: 89.77
Average rating: 3.86

Top Five Books
5. Glow (Sky Chasers #1) by Amy Kathleen Ryan
4. Skybreaker (Matt Cruse #2) by Kenneth Oppel
3. Variant (Variant #1) by Robison Wells
2. The Drowned Cities (Ship Breaker #2) by Paolo Bacigalupi
1. The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8) by Eoin Colfer

A few housekeeping (blogkeeping?) notes: The next month will be a bit sporadic, in terms of posting.  I have school all day, then tennis all afternoon, so I have barely any time to myself, let alone to write blog posts.  I'll try to get reviews up, at a minimum, but it might not happen as fast as it usually does.  Don't worry, though--tennis ends at the end of September, and then I'll be back in full swing (as much as that's possible with schoolwork, of course)!

What were your favorite books this summer?  What did you read?
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygoodness, Artemis Fowl! I just finished that last book a few weeks ago. It startled me. I mean, THAT ENDING. You know?

    What a lovely song. Pretty and poetic. :)

    Good luck with school! As it happens, I start school in a few days, too. Tuesday, after Labor Day. I'm rushing through my summer assignments. >.< Oodles of luck to you (and me)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...