Friday, January 11, 2013

Two Year Anniversary!

I've been blogging for two years now.  I know.  Somehow I have accumulated 61 followers and 32,000-something pageviews.

I'm not quite sure how or when that happened.  But hey, I'll take it! 

The huge one that surprised me this year was my plot diagrams post.  I've gotten sooooo many hits on that thing.  I get people searching for "Hunger Games plot diagram" almost daily at this point.  That post didn't even have a plot diagram of any book in particular, but...okay? 

Here's a list of my top ten posts of all time (by number of pageviews):
10. Word Count Anxiety - 100 views.
9. How To Finish a Book - 101 views.
8. My review of Bitterblue - 115 views.
7. Top Ten Books of 2012  - 130 views.  This one has skyrocketed, compared to my other posts. 
6. Alternatives to Inkpop - 135 views.  Are there any Inkies still hanging around here?  How's life been without our wonderful Inkpopolis?
5. My review of The False Prince - 144 views.  I have no idea why this gets so many hits--maybe it has something to do with the GIF of Leonardo DiCaprio.  That's my only theory.
4. The Actual Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - 195 views.  It has nothing to do with the book--I just felt like figuring it out one day.
3. A Villianous Post - 290 views.  I'm glad this one gets views, actually.  I rather like it.
2. My review of The Death Cure - 550 views. Because apparently all you have to do to get pageviews is stick the word "Wikipedia" in your review and people searching for that on Wikipedia get directed here. Again, um, okay. Didn't expect that one.
1. Not Your Teacher's Plot Diagram - 3412 views.  Well, that escalated quickly. 

It's interesting, the posts that get lots of hits, and the ones that remain largely ignored.  Most times I don't understand it at all.

What's changed since I started blogging back in 2011, or even since my one year blogoversary?

My reviews have gotten much longer and more in-depth.  And more nitpicky.  And also a bit more snarky, with more frequent GIFs.  I posted less in 2012 than I did in 2011, for whatever reason.  (Sorry.)  I also got a huge number of spam comments in my second year of blogging, but turning off anonymous comments seems to have fixed that.  Other bloggers, take note! 

What can you expect from me in my next year of blogging?

Pretty much the same stuff as always.  I have no intention of changing anything major.  I do know, however, that you'll be seeing more GIFs in 2013 than ever before, but I'm slowly amassing a formidable collection of them to use in reviews.  Half of them may or may not be Loki GIFs.  So you can expect lots of Loki GIFs in my reviews.  Because...Loki.  Why not?  I do what I want*.

Here's a shoutout to all my readers.  Thank you!


*Yes, that sentence happened.  Yes, that phrase was used intentionally.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Here's a former Inkie! *sniffletear* I haven't really found any writing Websites, although Writer's Cafe (writerscafe.org) has been interesting. You can post your own writing courses and advice on there and for the most part, the critiques seem decent. I also discovered Young Writers' Society, for teen writers. You can actually get some really good critiques there.

    Anyway, congratulations on the two-year anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...