Saturday, January 11, 2014

Three Year Anniversary

In 2013, this blog accumulated half of its total reader traffic.  Half.  So far, 2013 has been my biggest year, in terms of pageviews.  Which makes sense, since this thing just keeps getting bigger.

Over my entire blogging history, I've accumulated almost 77,000 pageviews (according to Blogger).  That's...that's a lot.  I don't even know what to say to that.  Sometimes I wonder why people bother to come here for my GIF-laden ranting, but then I realize that the GIF-laden ranting tends to get the most pageviews, so apparently there's something in it.

Notable things that happened this past year: I finished revising my novel Secrets of the Legend Chaser.  I started a new novel.  I sent my first query letter.  Overall, my follower total reached 100 and beyond.  I did a much-needed redesign.

People still keep coming here for plot diagrams.  I get hits for diagrams for The Hunger Games, Finding Nemo, and other books/movies.  Public Service Announcement: I am not here to do your homework for you.  Ahem.

Anyway...judging by what people search to come here, I've apparently become some kind of authority on why so many people like Loki.  I get a significant number of searches for variations on the question "Why do people like Loki?"  For some reason, this really entertains me.  I'm glad that post gets put to use.

Here are the top ten posts of the year, that were published this year, in terms of pageviews:
10. Nine Things Writers Love To Write But Readers Hate To Read
9. Things People Need To Stop Saying To Writers
8. Sentences You Need To Stop Using
7. How To Avoid Infodumping
6. Isle of Swords/Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords #1 & 2) by Wayne Thomas Batson
5. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
4. 100 Things Every Beginning Writer Should know
3. Prophecy, My Favorite Band Does Not Exist, and Necromancing The Stone Mini-reviews
2. The Irony Of The Hunger Games
1. Why We Love Loki

Here are my top ten posts of all time, in terms of pageviews:
10. The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix
9. The False Prince (Ascendance Trilogy #1) by Jennifer A. Nielson
8. Prophecy, My Favorite Band Does Not Exist, and Necromancing The Stone Mini-reviews
7. The Irony of The Hunger Games
6. Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3) by Kristin Cashore
5. The Actual Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
4. The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner
3. Not Your Teacher's Plot Diagram
2. Word Count Anxiety
1. Why We Love Loki

Here are some of my favorite posts from 2013, in no particular order:
My reviews of More Than This, A Monster Calls, and Dragonspell (mostly because it was satisfying to vent all my anger about it)
The Importance of Shipping 
Why People Love Loki
100 Things Every Beginning Writer Should Know
100 (More) Things Every Beginning Writer Should Know
How To Revise A Novel In 70 Easy Steps
Synopsizing (Or, The Art of Writing a Synopsis Without Dying Too Much)

Just for fun, I counted the number of GIFs that I've used since this day last year.  I've used 172 total GIFs, which averages out to around 1.5 GIFs per post.  172 is a lot of GIFs.  I love using GIFs more than I probably should.

I debated whether or not I should do this, but I've always wanted to, so I went for it.  I want to know what you lovely readers think, so I made a survey.  It shouldn't take you more than 3-ish minutes (probably less).  I know you have opinions, and I want to know what they are!  It asks about your favorite type of posts, what you want to read more of, etc.  It's kind of an experiment.  Click the link below to take it.

Blog Survey 2014

*waits patiently for you to complete survey*

Okay, now that you're back, I'd like to thank you for reading this past year, and even before that.  Thank you for subscribing (if you aren't already following, you should).  You are awesome and lovely.  Thank you.
*hands out tubs of virtual ice cream*


My third year of blogging has been awesome.  I'm glad I ever decided to start this thing in the first place, and sometimes I'm amazed at how well it has gone.  Hopefully my fourth year will be even more awesome!  And again, thanks for following.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...