Friday, March 14, 2014

The Next Two Weeks

Last night, I realized that if I want to preserve my sanity, I need to do something.  Something that involves limiting the amount of things I have to get done before next Friday.  I want to avoid panicking, but look, here's part of my to-do list: read half the book of Psalms, read all of Proverbs, 2,000-word essay, 7-page paper, take the ring to Mordor*, etc.

I'm not saying this to complain, or to be all "Nobody has ever had as much work as this, ever".  I'm just saying "Look, here is my life right now".  Because of all this, though, something else has to go, and I've decided that I'm taking a short blogging break.  I'll be back at the beginning of April.  When I return, you can expect a GIF-laden review of The 100, a long rant about how mad The Future of Us made me, and probably more GIFs.

Since I'm making this post, though, I'm going to throw this in: I saw Imagine Dragons in concert.  And it was awesome.  They sound just as good (if not better) live as they do on their album.  It's awesome to hear extended versions of awesome songs--'Radioactive' was six and a half minutes long, and there was a violin part, which was cool and unexpected.  If nothing else, you could have spent the whole concert watching just the lights and their circular screen and not been bored.  On the outside, I'm kind of like this about it:
But on the inside, I'm a bit more of this:

While I'm away, here are some random links:
  1.  40 Breathtaking Nebulas
  2. 8 Beautiful GIFs of Space
  3. This fantastic article that uses ancient military strategies to explain how to write a solid essay.
  4. This medieval Avengers fan art.
  5. Josh Groban sings Kanye West tweets.
  6. Awesome songs you might not have heard.
  7. Also this, this, and this.
*I maybe lied about this one.

Have an awesome end of March!  Do you have any fun spring break plans?  What have you been reading/writing/listening to lately?

Edit: I probably should have added this sooner, but I didn't think of it until now.  When I get back, what do you want to see on the blog?  Is there a specific book you'd like to see me review, for whatever reason?  Is there a writing topic you think I should cover?  Do you want to learn more about me, in general?  (I've always been divided about this--it's fun to learn more about the actual people behind the blogs that I love, but then again, if I post about myself, I feel self-centered.  What do you think?)  Is there another random topic you'd like to see me write about?
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...